I found a standard size shade at Home Depot for just $20. I bought it knowing that I would have to trim a couple of inches from each side in order to make it fit inside the master bath window.
I used garden shears to carefully trim right along the thread line.
The garden shears left a bit of a rough edge that I sanded down to smooth it out some.
The header piece required a little sawing.
And here's the final result...fits perfectly!
I just hung it with these little hooks knowing that they'd never be seen once the curtain was up.
Next came a new curtain.
This is a basic valance (because my sewing ability is very basic) on a tension rod....with a couple of layered pleats at the hem.
The vanity area.....trust me, it never looks this clean.
I'm linking to the following parties:
Thanks for hosting, ladies!